Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Kick-Off

The site, live for about a week, conceived shortly before then, has been running well.

We launched with a barebones design and an email to our closest friends.

In a week's time we've collected rental data from all over the country, seen visitors from as far as Europe and South America, received a ton of feedback, corrected a few bugs, and introduced a new look & feel.

There is a diverse community of Manhattan professionals behind this project.  Though we can easily agree the idea is a winner, there is a chorus of ideas and conceptions about what the site needs and how it should evolve.

We hope to make this a forum for that discussion: the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Feel free to post on our posts and make your own suggestions.  Get involved!

And remember to check WuzRent? frequently to see the site evolve.

3 comments:

  1. Not sure how to post to the blog, so I'll start w/a comment.

    Am loving some of the changes to the site--I find it easier to use, easier to understand, and easier on the eye overall. Like the randomized rents by city quite a bit--lets me plan where I'm moving next! But from a design standpoint, I'm still feeling like there are too much variety in the font department, and while I like the addition of the "community" section at the top, I still prefer to have the intro of the "Post rent, see rents" as the header. Nice to know what the website is about off the bat!

    More to come as I figure out how to pop my blogging cherry.

    megs

    ps. First!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, you did an admirable job with the comment, and I commend your bravery!

    As for the site, I'm diggin the new look. I love the Community aspect to it and the "Recommend" is a must-have feature.

    One comment, I think the "home" page can be spruced up a little bit -- more optionality for the user. Perhaps instead of just "search" and "my rents" you can include some tabs to the highly-targeted cities, like New York, Miami, Chicago, San Fran, etc. That way, users can just click a link to their city and search away.

    Looking good guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feedback!

    Experimental activity-focused layout in the works, splitting up Community, Posting, and Search functions. New stats and maps visualizations also coming!

    ReplyDelete