Friday, April 22, 2011

Someone's gotta be...

...the first comment on the blog. It takes a brave soul. And to show our appreciation, we are going to give you a gold star and a bowl of guac with no cilantro.

I happen to agree that the vast number of fonts is a bit much. That said, don't you kind of wish you could write docs at work with random, interchangeable fonts? I'm kind of sick of Arial Narrow. Did you know there is actually an extensive Wikipedia page about the font "Arial"?

I think there are still a few lines on the homepage that don't quite read that well. I'm thinking them through...

As for the suggestion to move the "Community" section down the homepage. I think I like it where it is for now. You can still see the "Post Rent. See Rents" intro section on the first screen shot. And the community portion feels pretty unique. It would be great if we can a communal feedback loop going.

thats all for now.

wuzrent II

1 comment:

  1. wikipedia...pshh. small beans compared to the entire helvetica movement. http://www.helveticafilm.com/

    is it too off topic to share my favorite mcsweeny's...ever?
    http://www.mcsweeneys.net/links/monologues/15comicsans.html

    ...but enough about fontage. I agree the community portion is unique and important, just don't think it should to be the first thing people see. The site is built on a community, yes, but it is not the main function.

    Guac...nom.

    ReplyDelete